Wow. Yesterday's introductory post was...verbose. Also, I commented on Sean's Daily Diary of a Winning Loser yesterday, and it turned out to be a very long comment indeed. I got excited because I could really relate to what Sean was talking about re: loose skin and clothing insecurities, but I admired him for the huge challenges he gives himself, like facing those fears by being onstage. When I went back and read what everybody else posted, I felt kind of bad, as they were all short and sweet, and nobody else seemed to be talking about what I had. Sigh. I'll try to be much more concise in the future.
In other news...it's HOT here in Seattle. Supposed to be 93 today, and it's probably at least that now. Yesterday it reached 90. My partner in crime, "A" and I swam for the first time in our local urban lake, and did 2/3 of a mile! (Thanks Google Earth, for the awesome distance measurement tool and satellite view.) Not too shabby, since we are rusty. I was RAVENOUS when we got out. I'm down half a pound this morning, despite eating a fair (but pretty reasonable) amount last night.
We plan to go again today, and swim across the lake and back, just shy of a mile. That lake is special to me, and I'm excited that it's warm enough to swim long distances there again. A and I began our romantic involvement together while swimming at night in that lake, and he confessed his undying love for me on its shore. I love that place.
We also took a sunset walk around our neighborhood again. We walked across the North Seattle Community College Campus to a little park called Licton Springs. I can't believe we'd never done this before. I love that we're becoming so much more active. Our neighborhood is sweet, quiet and beautiful, without being snobby or ostentatious. I feel very peaceful and lucky to live here. Looking forward to many more evening strolls.
Too hot to cook. Today I made tuna dip that someone on low carb forums suggested:
"Tuna, Cream cheese about 2-4 oz per can depending on taste, a green onion, a tiny bit of mayo and a tsp or so of lemon juice."
I used 2 ounces of cream cheese. I was out of mayo, so I substituted 1 tbsp. Maries Blue Cheese dressing. It's great! I'm eating it on Wasa crackers, and drinking Reed's ginger ale over crushed ice. Getting fueled up for the big swim. Need to drink a bunch of water between now and 4 or so to prepare. I love these summer days in Seattle.

No comments:
Post a Comment